Our business was founded in 1957 as a building and civil engineering contractor by James Sim. Although we are no longer involved directly in the construction industry, Russell Sim, our current Managing Director, trained as a civil engineer.
The property side of our business started around 1973 with construction of industrial buildings in the East End of Glasgow and we still have a small estate on Carmyle Avenue which formed part of that original development. Other sites have since been acquired at well placed locations around the Greater Glasgow area but we have not really been a regular trader of properties, preferring instead to manage growth through existing investments and to build long-term relationships with our tenants.
After more than 50 years of history, the business was restructured in 2009/2010 under a new Sim Property Group identity to reflect more accurately what we now do. The business continues to be family-run.
All properties owned within our group are administered by an in-house managing agent, Sim Property Management Ltd. We concentrate on traditional out-of-town offices and industrial units and do not normally get involved with retail properties. We have no involvement in the residential sector.